There was great excitement this week in the Partikular headquarters as my brand new business cards arrived! These gorgeous cards were printed by Moo.
Business cards may seem very old-fashioned in today’s find/follow world, but sometimes they’re just what you need. Read on to find out why you should be using them.
- Giving someone a business card invites them to return the favour. Make sure to follow up on any contacts you make; drop a follow up email saying it was nice to meet them, or add them on LinkedIn.
- When you give someone your card, the contact information acts as a call to action. Your new acquaintance is more likely to get back to you if they still have your email/phone/twitter handle in their wallet come Monday morning.
- If you’re heading to a networking event or expo relevant to your field you’ll stand out for the wrong reasons without a business card.
- Business cards aren’t just for corporate networking events- bringing them to family gatherings or community events can often result in an unexpected contact or opportunity.
- Your cards can reinforce your company’s brand identity. Look at them as an extension of your shopfront or digital presence and treat them as such. Keep it simple- cut down on the information you include and stick to a standard size.
- Business cards can be a second chance to make a good first impression. You can bet your new contact doesn’t remember everyone they spoke to at that event, but well designed cards in a good paper stock will help you stand out after the fact.
If you’d like me to design your set of business cards, email me!